Aadhar card is becoming one of the most important identity documents in India. Government is making it compulsory to link almost every other thing with UID aka Aadhar number. Recently government made it compulsory to link mobile number to Aadhar card. And now the government continues its drive to re-verify the SIM cards using Aadhaar number, the process became a little easier on Tuesday. Now telecom subscribers can call a single number to verify all their mobile numbers with Aadhaar, irrespective of the network.
Earlier the only way to link the mobile number to Aadhar card was to visit offline stores run by their operators to link the two till now. But Now, they can use the IVR service from their homes instead, cutting out the hassle involved in going to physical outlets.
No need to visit at Operators Store, OTP Based Aadhaar Linking IVRS is now active. https://t.co/FUUpmkZJvm
— SANJAY BAFNA (@sanjaybafna) January 2, 2018
How to link Aadhaar with mobile phone number:
The process for re-verification of your phone number is quite simple. The only required thing is Aadhar number. The user simply needs to call the toll-free number 14546 from the same number. Where it doesn’t matter which sim card you are using Airtel, Idea, Jio, and Vodafone or any other operator. Following are the steps which are needed to be followed to complete the re-verification process.
- Call toll-free number 14546, you will be asked to select whether you are an Indian national or an NRI by selecting the respective option.
- Then, the system will ask you to press 1 to give permission to link Aadhaar with your phone number.
- After that, you need to provide your Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm.
- This step generates the OTP, which you will receive on your mobile phone
- After this, you need to give permission to your operator pick your details from the UIDAI database.
- The IVR now mentions the last four digits of your number to confirm that you have keyed in the right number.
- If the number is correct, then you have to enter the OTP you received on SMS.
- Press 1 to complete the process.
- If you hold another phone number, you can link that too by pressing 2 and following the steps provided by the IVR system. Keep your other mobile phone handy as you will receive the OTP on this number.
The OTP which you will receive will be valid up to 30 minutes. Which means you can use the same OTP till 30 minutes if your call gets terminated due to some problems. The last date of linking the mobile number to Aadhar card is March. if you are using a corporate plan then you do not need to undergo the re-verification process.
For now, the providers who have started this method are Vodafone, Idea, Aircel, and Airtel. But we expect the all other service providers will start this service soon.
The process will only work if you have provided the number on your Aadhar card. Also, the process might take 24 to 48 hours to link your mobile number.
Use this method and let us know if this worked for you or not. Till then, stay tuned to Tech Hundred for more update related to tech.