Honor has finally revealed the pricing of Honor View 10 which is also known as the Honor V10 globally. Honor V10, the flagship device of Honor was launched back in November in China. In India Honor has priced the Honor View 10 at ₹29,999 which is great enough for the specifications it is offering.
It is no wonder that the release of Honor View 10 in India will make the flagship smartphone market even more competitive. With very similar specs the OnePlus 5T pricing starts at ₹32,999. Even the base model of OnePlus 5T offers only 64GB of storage. Whereas even after saving ₹3,000 the View 10 offers 128 GB of storage.
Here is what P Sanjeev, Vice-President Sales, Huawei India-Consumer Business Group, said about the device,
The Honor View 10 also follows our commitment towards the Indian market and has been priced lower than the global variant. Marked as the true AI device, the Honor View 10 will be the most affordable AI device available for the Indian consumer.
Honor View 10 Specifications:
The new Honor View 10 comes with the top-end HiSilicon Kirin 970 SoC which was seen earlier in Huawei’s flagship, the Huawei Mate 10. Other highlights of the device include dual rear 16 MP + 20 MP cameras and a bezel-less 5.99-inch FullView display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. Following the trend of last year, the smartphone also comes with a flagship-grade specification and features. So without wasting much time let’s have a quick look at the spec sheet of the View 10.
- Display: 5.99 inch IPS LCD (1080 x 2160 pixels) Full view Full HD+ Display with 18:9 aspect ratio and 403 pixels per inch pixel density.
- Camera: 16MP (RGB) + 20MP (Monochrome) dual rear cameras with f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, LED flash and 4K video recording @30fps
13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Memory: 6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage
- Processor: Octa Core Kirin 970 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) 10nm processor + i7 co-processor with Mali-G72 MP12 GPU
- OS and UI: EMUI 8.0 on top of Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3750 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 4.5V/5A (58% in 30 min)
- Network: LTE FDD/LTE TDD/WCDMA/GSM (Dual Sim VoLTE support)
- Dimensions: 157mm (L) × 74.98mm (W) × 6.97mm (T)
- Weight: 172g (including battery)
- Expandable Memory: MicroSD, up to 256 GB
- Sensor: Fingerprint sensor (front-mounted), Accelerometer, Digital compass, Ambient Light Sensor, Status Indicator.
- Connection: Bluetooth: BT4.2 + BLE, WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot, GPS: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, NFC: NFC Support, WiFI Direct, Huawei Share.
- Color: Navy Blue, Midnight Black.
Huawei Kirin 970 AI Processor:
The flagship grade Kirin 970 SoC of the Honor View 10 includes its own NPU (neutral processing unit) for AI-based tasks along with the CPU and GPU. These tasks include facial unlock which will support payment authentication and fast unlock within 400ms. Other AI features include a translator and Smart Tips. Moreover, object recognition, as well as motion detection will also be available. This will help the camera software to auto adjust the scene settings for better photos. Along with that, the implementation of AI is present in the portrait mode for better selfies.
Availability and Other things:
The smartphone will go on sale exclusively via Amazon India starting from 12 AM IST on Monday, January 8th. Furthermore, registrations are now on Amazon. Honor will also provide a quick charger, USB A to USB type-C cable, a pre-attached screen guard and a protective case along with the device itself.
Initially, we think that the Honor View 10 can be a very good device considering its pricing. What are your thoughts about the flagship?
Also have a look at Honor 9i with Four cameras: Specification and Price