You might be thinking even after being a tech journal why Tech Hundred is covering sports? Well, now that La Liga will be no longer broadcasted through television channels there are plenty of reasons to write this article. For football fans, there might be many questions now. Many are confused about how to and where to watch the La Liga matches in India. And many are still searching for it.
Real Madrid vs Getafe
It isn’t unknown to everyone that FC Barcelona and Real Madrid are really famous and supporter rich clubs in India. And the Spanish football giants Real Madrid are all set to start their campaign on Sunday. Many Real Madrid fans are asking us How to watch Real Madrid vs Getafe in India. So, we thought of writing an article in order to help them.
This is going to be the very first La Liga match of the season for Real Madrid and it is going to be a very important one as well. Last year Real Madrid lost some points against small teams which resulted in Real’s 3rd place finish in La Liga.
After Real Madrid’s UEFA Super Cup loss against Atletico Madrid, it is going to be seen how Julien Lopetegui, the Real Madrid coach sets the starting XI. The fans are waiting to see how the team performs in absence of ex-Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo. Although the coach says it is not going to be a huge issue but is it really true? What do you think?
The match is scheduled on Sunday 10:15 PM CET. Which means in India it will be broadcasted from 01:45 AM. This article covers how to watch Real Madrid vs Getafe in India. However, you can follow similar steps and watch your favorite La Liga clubs game.
The La Liga and Facebook TV Rights Deal
By now you most probably know that La Liga has decided not to renew TV rights with ESPN anymore. In case if you do not already know, US tech giant Facebook has bought the official TV rights of La Liga in the South Asian countries for 3 years. The deal will be valid in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan.
Thanks to the official TV rights, all 380 games of La Liga will be now live telecasted through Facebook. However, due to this deal, no TV channels will be able to broadcast the game on TV in the mentioned countries. This includes its own goods and bads.
Don’t miss: How to Download Android Pie Right Now?
The Goods and The Bads of the Deal
To be honest, India still lacks fast and data-rich Internet connections. It is worth mentioning that watching a game of 90 mins live will burn a lot of data. Moreover, if someone wants to watch the game in HD or above that will need even more data.
Other than all these, there also has to be a strong internet connection to watch the games live without any buffer. In India, most people are not that strong economically to have a good broadband connection or unlimited data plans. For them, this is going to be a nightmare.
However, people who have good internet connection might find it easier to watch the games on the go. Frankly speaking, this can not be a reason to watch the games on Facebook rather than on TV as we already had Live TV apps like Jio TV and Airtel TV which broadcasts almost all sports channels for free. Moreover, most La Liga games start at late night here in South Asian countries and I wonder if anyone stays out or commutes at that time.
As a football fan, I am really not happy about this deal between La Liga and Facebook. Sorry Mark, but let me be straight, you’re ruining our football experience. Anyways that’s my point of view. So how do you watch Real Madrid vs Getafe in India? Below is how you can.
How to Watch Real Madrid vs Getafe in India?
Now that Facebook is determined to ruin our football experience with thousands of floating reactions within the live stream here’s how you can watch Real Madrid vs Getafe in India.
- Log in to your Facebook account (Sign up if you don’t have one yet).
- Search for La Liga’s official Facebook page from the search bar or use this link.
- Now, scroll down to posts and find the live video streaming the game (Real Madrid vs Getafe is scheduled at 01:45 AM IST on Monday).
- Open the game and watch the live stream.
Other Way: How to Watch Real Madrid vs Getafe in India?
- Log in to your Facebook Account.
- Make sure you have liked Real Madrid’s Facebook page.
- Go to the Facebook Watch section from here.
- If it isn’t present there, just click on the hamburger menu and from there find the section called ‘Watch’.
- Once you open that you’ll see Real Madrid’s page listed above. Tap on that.6. It will directly open the live stream of the match. Click on the play button to watch Real Madrid vs Getafe in India.
I personally think this is the more efficient way as there is a separate section. Moreover, for every other game, you don’t need to manually search for the Facebook pages by using this way.
If you are accessing Facebook from your desktop or laptop here’s how to watch Real Madrid vs Getafe in India.
You may like to see: How to Text Someone Who has Blocked You on WhatsApp?
How to Watch Real Madrid vs Getafe in India on PC
It is pretty simple. Most people don’t yet have ‘Facebook Watch’ section in their accounts yet. So there’s nothing much you can do.
A few things you can do to make the Live Steam Experience Better!
Although Mark Zuckerburg and team has already ruined our La Liga experience still there are a few things which you can do to watch the Real Madrid vs Getafe in India in a better way.
- Turn off the Comments and Floating Reactions: First things first. Turn off the irritating comments and floating reactions by swiping right side or tap on the button. (You can enable the comments again by swiping left).
- Watch the Game in Full Screen: Why not make use of most of the screen? For a more immersive experience watching the game in full-screen mode.
- Use WiFi Rather than Mobile Data: If possible use WiFi rather than mobile data. WiFi networks are much more energy efficient than using your mobile data. So your battery will last much longer if you can use WiFi. Moreover, chances are you will get a much stable and better quality stream over WiFi.
- Stop Background Apps from Wasting Your Internet Speed: Stop other apps from using your Internet speed in the background. Well, you may turn off auto app updates and close data-hungry apps while you watch the Real Madrid vs Getafe in India in order to watch in maximum possible quality.
Okay, so that’s how you can watch Real Madrid vs Getafe in India. Btw whom between Keylor Navas and Thibaut Courtois do you think will start against Getafe? Let us know in the comments.