Most instant messaging apps like Hike, Facebook Messenger, Viber etc these days have the option to send stickers. However, there were exceptions and that was WhatsApp until now. As you all know, till now you could only send emojis and gifs via WhatsApp. However, WhatsApp has now officially rolled out stickers.
The Facebook-owned firm announced the rollout of stickers in a blog post two days back. As per them, the stickers will be coming to both Android and iOS in the upcoming weeks. However, I can confirm that iOS users have already started getting the stickers and the same happened to me as well.
To send stickers to your friends you have to follow a few steps. Below we’ve mentioned how to send stickers to your friends in WhatsApp.
How to Send Stickers to Your Friends in WhatsApp?
- First things first! You need to have the latest update of WhatsApp. If you have already updated WhatsApp then skip to next point otherwise, go to Google Play Store or App Store depending on what device you use and check for updates. Then download and install it once the update shows.
- Next, if you’re on iOS simply open a chat and tap on the sticker button present inside the text field. It will open up the stickers section and simply tap on a sticker to send it to your friend.
- If you are on iOS chances are you won’t have any issues and get the stickers by following the above-mentioned steps. However, if you are using Android, you might not be so lucky and have to work out a little more.
- On Android, tap on the emoji button present next to the text field. Now it should show up the emojis. Below that, you’ll get three options. One for the emojis, another for the gifs and the last one for the stickers. Tap on that and send any sticker of your choice to your friends.
- Now, if this doesn’t work then there’s another way. You can just sign up for the WhatsApp beta programme and download the beta app. The beta version has the stickers natively enabled and that should do the work.
You can get the beta version of Whatsapp from below. But before that make sure you do sign up for the beta using this link.
[appbox googleplay com.whatsapp&ah=JT4NqyPjKk4hOZv1GlWMHp0qSzQ]