Smartphone Wars, the modern substitutes of traditional cock-fights that form the latest source of entertainment for many young technocrats. At the same time, they become a cause of exciting risk-return stratagem for the market makers who burnout their product designers in beautiful aesthetic corporate buildings, making them realize the importance of the arbitrary system, and extracting out temporary yet perfect designs to aid the century’s progress and development. Let’s observe this week’s excellent cockfight between Oppo Reno vs. Redmi K20 pro. Ladies & Gentlemen are requested to place their bets well in advance for their only can be a single winner in this zero-sum game. Let the fight begin:
Oppo Reno Vs. Redmi K20 Pro
- K20 operates on Android 9 Pie based on MIUI 10
- Reno operates on Android 9
Starting Round: Screen
- K20 offers 6.39-inch Full HD+ with AMOLED Display and 19:5:9 as the aspect ratio
- Reno has a 6.60-inch Full HD+ AMOLED Display with a 19:5:9 aspect ratio
Round 2: Screen Protection
- While the Redmi K20 Pro has a Gorilla Glass 5 protection for the 91% (screen to body ratio) front, the Oppo Reno is well protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Protection, putting it at a marginal advantage.
- Oppo Reno claims TUV Rheinland eye protection certificate and a blue-light filter, while Redmi K20 Pro supports HDR content and a brightness level up to 600 nits, and also has a 7th generation in display fingerprint scanning mechanism.
Round 3: Biometrics
- K20 has an in-screen fingerprint (optical)
- Reno also has an in-screen fingerprint (optical)
Round 4: Processor
- K20 has a Snapdragon 855 processor
- Reno has also a Snapdragon 855 processor
Round 5: RAM
- K20 boasts a 6/8 GB RAM
- Reno boast a 6/8 GB RAM
Round 6: Storage
- K20 bears 64/128/256 GB Variants
- Reno bears 128/256 GB Variants
Round 7: Main Back Camera
- K20 – 48 MP (f/1.8)
- Reno – 48 MP (f/1.7)
Round 8: Secondary Back Camera
- K20 – 13 MP (f/2.4) (ultrawide)
- Reno – 13 MP (f/3.0) (10X Zoom)
Round 9: Additional Back Camera
- K20 – 8 MP (f/2.4) (2X Zoom)
- Reno – 8 MP (f/2.2) (ultrawide)
Round 10: Front Camera
- K20 – 20 MP
- Reno – 16 MP
Penultimate Round: Battery
- K20 – 4000 mAH with 27W Quick Charge (4+ Fast Charging Support)
- Reno – 4065 mAH with 20W VOOC (3.0 Fast Charging Support)
Final Round: Price
- K20: 6+64 GB/6+258 GB/8+256 GB at Yuan 2499/2599/2999 (Indian prices are not yet out)
- Reno: 6+128 GB/8+256 GB at Rs. 39,990/49,990
Redmi K20 Pro is covered with a 3D gradient metal and glass body with colourful options like Carbon Black, Glacier Blue and Flame Red. The curved back panel reflects purple and orange upon shifting the lighting. It is about 191 grams, lighter in contrast to the 210-gram Oppo Reno 10X Zoom which has simple yet classy Lush Ocean Green and Jet Black colours with a metal and glass chassis.
Redmi K20 Pro has a 3.5 mm headphone jack, while OPPO has a USB-C audio jack.
Both have the same processor, but Redmi has more RAM + Storage options compared to Oppo.
Redmi K20 Pro is equipped with an 8-layer liquid and double-sided 3-Dimension cooling structure. Oppo, on the other hand, has triple heat management methods including a graphite sheet, copper pipe and thermal conductive grease.
The 10X Zoom is a unique selling proposition of Reno, however, we can expect Redmi to offer the K20 Pro at an aggressive price compared to its competition which is bound to weigh in heavily in its favour.
- Why Buy Redmi K20 Pro: Cheaper, Faster Charging, Slim & Lighter, 3.5 mm Audio Jack
- Why Buy Oppo Reno 10X Zoom: 10X Zoom Camera, Stylish Pop-up camera, Dolby Stereo Speakers, Latest Gorilla Glass
Regardless of the microscopic points of differentiation, one can observe both the models are quite similar. There would barely be any difference between the two for a daft layman, but for the high class intellectual smartphone warrior, such petty battles assume huge significance. For it is not an exercise in futility to carefully consider where you shall spend your “hard-earned” money, and even the slightest loss in a single GB or MP can be disheartening for the modern proletariats. Thereby the fight stands washed out with a dry draw, and each one is left to their own thought and careful consideration, to buy the model that suits their identity.