It has been quite some time since PUBG mobile released a proper update with new features and changes. Other than the new season update nothing much has changed in the last couple of months. However, Tencent has now finally rolled out the much-awaited PUBG Mobile Update 0.14.0. The update will bring some bug fixes as well as new game features. So What exactly is new with the update? Let’s find out.
PUBG Mobile Update 0.14.0: What’s New?
With the new PUBG Mobile Update 0.14.0, Tencent is adding a whole new mode into the game. The new Infection mode will be under the Evo Ground game modes. The infection mode is an asymmetric player vs player mode where one set of players become the defenders while others become the zombies. The zombies have the abilities to attack and turn the defenders into Zombies.
New Game Mode: Infection Mode
The game is played in three rounds with limited times in each one. If the zombies manage to turn every defender into Zombie before the time ends the Zombies win. However, if even a single defender survives until the timer runs out then the defenders will win the match. Whoever wins more rounds between the defenders and zombies wins the matches.
Mode Selection UI Adjusted:
- Added tier information in Classic
- Matchmaking and Settings are now on the same page
- Visual effects improved
Daily Mission redesigned:
- The number of Daily Missions are reduced and rewards have been adjusted.
- Daily Missions, other than the login mission, are released randomly. If players are not satisfied with their current Daily Missions, they can switch to other random missions in the mission pool up to three times a day.
Android Resources Extension Pack
Reduced the size of the Android installation package and added Resource Expansion Pack, which contains some rarely used equipment and resources that are displayed with a placeholder icon unless the Pack is downloaded.
- Each player gets a character at the beginning.
- Characters start with one skill that is only effective within EvoGround.
- Characters can be customized with outfits, voices, emotes and MVP emotes.
- Level up the characters and collect progress rewards by playing with them in any mode to earn EXP.
Level V and Rewards Added for some Achievements
- Battle-Hardened V: Reach Ace.
- Fun Times V: Complete 800 matches in Arcade.
- Classic Lover V: Complete 1000 matches in Classic.
- Evo Tactician I-V: Complete 5/20/50/100/200 matches in EvoGround.
- Perseverance V: Log in consecutively for 60 days.
- Assault Mastery V: Kill 2000 enemies with Assault Rifles.
- Sniper Mastery V: Kill 1000 enemies with Sniper Rifles.
- Shotgun Mastery V: Kill 1000 enemies with Shotguns.
- SMG Mastery V: Kill 2000 enemies with SMG.
- Melee Mastery V: Kill 200 enemies with Melee.
- Pistol Mastery V: Kill 200 enemies with Pistols.
- Deathbringer V: Kill 2000 enemies.
- Skull Collector V: 200 Kill enemies with headshots.
- Field Medic V: Revive teammates 500 times.
- Predator V: Kill 20 enemies in a single Classic match.
- Chicken Bucket V: Win 50 matches.
- PUBG Elite V: Earn 555 SSS rating
- Epic Find V: Earn 100 different permanent outfits(Legendary).
- Social Butterfly V: Reach 120 in-game friends.
- Brothers in Arms V: Team up with friends 1000 times.
- Santa Claus V: Gift an item to a friend 100 times.
- Center of Attention V: Earn 600 LIKEs.
- Happy Training V: Complete 1000 Clan Training.
- Shopaholic V: Spend 1000000BP.
- Perfectionist V: Reach the highest Royale Pass rank for 6 seasons in a row.
- Open Sesame V: Open 100 Royale Pass Elite Crates.
- Unique Destiny: Earn 6000 Achievement points.
Battlefield Veteran I-III
- Complete any 2/4/6 of the following achievements:
- Assault Mastery V, Sniper Mastery V, Shotgun Mastery V, SMG Mastery V, Melee Mastery V, Pistol Mastery V.
Improvements and Bug Fixes
Inventory interaction UI Adjusted:
- Non-inventory UI functions blocked in Inventory
- Expanded the item display area
- Simplified the editing of emotes
- Improved the selection logic for firearms and vehicles
- Players can now choose to show the helmets and backpacks in the main menu
- Added new zoom feature to zoom in on the character when viewing firearms, hats, glasses, face accessories and backpacks
After the update, if the outfit which you want to preview and your current outfit creates a conflict then the current outfit will be swapped temporarily.
PUBG Mobile Update 0.14.0: What Else?
Other than all these good changes and upgrades PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 also brings some notorious bugs with it. After the update, I and some of my friends started facing the weird bug where all the texts and graphics displayed in the lobby becomes blurry.
But there’s nothing to worry as we have got you covered. Here’s how to fix the blurry text and graphics bug in PUBG Mobile.