LG on Wednesday launched a new K-Series smartphone in India: LG K7i. The biggest highlight of the LG K7i smartphone is its ‘Mosquito Away’ technology.
In order to repel mosquitoes, LG has come up with this Sound Wave Technology. It can keep mosquitoes at bay without the need to resort to any chemicals.
This technology uses Ultrasonic frequencies of 30 kHz to keep the insects away. These frequencies are beyond the range of human hearing.
The company says that it completely harmless to humans. LG claims that in clinical testing, 72.32 percent of anopheles gambiae mosquitoes were repelled by the technology.
The LG K7i comes with an additional rear cover bundled in the box that can be placed on the phone when required. It features a speaker that produces ultrasonic frequencies said to drive mosquitoes away.
The smartphone can be placed on a stand when the mosquito repellent is activated. Other than this technology the smartphone is a budget device. Now let’s have a quick look at the specification.
LG K7i Specification:
- Dimension: 145.7 x 74.1 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 154g
- 5.0 inches FWVGA IPS Touchscreen 854 x 480 pixels (204 PPI)
- 4G LTE with HD voice over VoLTE
- 1.14Ghz Quad Core MediaTek processor with Mali GPU
- Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Internal Storage: 16 GB (11.7GB user Available) with 2GB RAM
- Expandable up to 256GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear camera 8MP CMOS AF with 4x zoom with LED flash & video: 1080p @30fps
- Front: 5MP
- Fingerprint sensor (rear mounted)
- 2500mAh battery
Price & Availability:
- LG K7i price in India is Rs. 7,990.
- The smartphone will be available across retail outlets in the country.
If we consider the specification the phone is below average. In this price segment, there are many decent options available in the market.
But if we see the motive behind this device, LG is surely doing this for a greater cause. Thumbs up to LG for thinking this way.
The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that these insects are responsible for millions of deaths each year. In 2015, Malaria alone caused 438,000 deaths globally.
Nowadays diseases like Malaria, Dengue and Chikungunya becoming a huge threat to human lives. It is very thoughtful of LG that they tried something unique.