HTC finally announced two new U-series smartphones: the HTC U11 Plus and HTC U11 Life. After big smartphone companies like Samsung, Apple, and Huawei joining the Edge to Edge display club, HTC doesn’t wanna lag behind. So, HTC U11 Plus is the company’s first smartphone with Edge to Edge display with 18:9 aspect ratio.
According to reports, the handset was actually one of the three prototypes for Google’s Pixel 2 XL. Two were from HTC, the regular Pixel 2 codenamed “Walleye” while the Pixel 2 XL codenamed “Muskie”, and the third model by LG, codenamed “Taimen”.
Google Finally selected the LG’s model and Presented us The Pixel 2 XL and rest is history. So, HTC decided to continue Muskie’s development. Then launched it As HTC U11 Plus with its own branding and design features. Now, let’s have a quick look at the specification.
HTC U11 Plus Specifications:
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 74.9 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 188g
- 6-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ Super LCD 6 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- IP68 certified Water and Dust resistant
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) on top HTC Sense UI
- 128 GB Internal and 6 GB RAM or 64 GB Internal and 4 GB RAM
- 12 MP, f/1.7, phase detection autofocus, OIS, dual-LED (dual tone) flash with 1.4μm pixel, 4K video recording, 3D Audio
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, BSI sensor, 85° field of view, 1080p video recording
- HTC USonic with Active Noise Cancellation, Hi-Res audio certified, HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi edition
- 4G VoLTE, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, USB type-C and Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3930 mAh battery
HTC U11 Plus Keynotes:
HTC U11 Plus will come with Google Assistant as well as Amazon’s Alexa.
Edge Sense will allow users to access apps, launch the camera, or launch a voice assistant.
HTC U11 Plus will also come with the company’s Sense Companion which will learn user patterns and offer information as and when needed.
IP68 water and dust resistant certification.
It will run Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box.
The company says that the BoomSound speaker on the HTC U11 Plus is the loudest it has ever put on a smartphone. To compliment it HTC provided USonic earbuds for an improved audio experience.
Price and Availability:
The HTC U11 Plus will available in Ceramic Black, Amazing Silver, and Translucent Black colors.
It is priced at EUR 799 (roughly Rs. 60,000).
It will be available from November 20th in the UK.
The HTC U11 Plus won’t be available in the USA as the company is aiming to launch the device only in Europe, Asia, and the rest of the world.
So, We expect the HTC U11 Plus to launch in India soon.