Amazon India which is the most popular e-commerce website has now started selling SIM cards online. Amazon India probably has the largest variation of products listed for the Indian market. Now it is experimenting by selling SIM cards of leading telecom operators in India. As of now, they are only selling postpaid connections of Airtel India and Vodafone.
It means you can get a new Airtel or Vodafone postpaid connection at your doorstep. Although Airtel is officially offering doorstep new postpaid connections, Vodafone is not yet offering any delivery of SIM cards. In addition, customers traveling abroad can also purchase international SIM cards based on the area. Hope we’ll see other telecom operators also in near future.
In case of buying Airtel postpaid connection, Amazon is asking Rs. 200 as a security deposit, while Vodafone new postpaid connection costs Rs. 15. Also, Amazon is offering free delivery of SIM card and within 24 hours.
How to buy SIM card online from Amazon?
- Place an order for a new SIM card via Amazon
- Airtel or Vodafone executive will then visit you within 24 hours to deliver the SIM card.
- The executive will collect necessary documents such as identity and address proof, Aadhaar card and two passport size photographs.
- The executive will then verify your address and submit the application for the SIM card activation process.
- After successful verification, the activated SIM card will start functioning.
The Airtel postpaid plans are available for Rs 499, Rs 799, Rs 1,199 and Rs 1,599. Users who want to buy a Vodafone SIM has to opt for RED plans including Rs 499, Rs 699, Rs 999, Rs 1,699, Rs 1,999 and 2,999.
In addition, Amazon also listed a few international SIM cards on Lycamobile network. If you’re traveling to countries such as the United States, UK, Italy, Portugal, Austria, Hong Kong, Australia, Europe, and Belgium. For the USA, Amazon has listed a plan of Rs. 4000 that offers unlimited voice calls and unlimited data (7GB of 4G).
Amazon is also offering 15% cashbackJ if you buy the SIM card via Amazon Pay. The minimum amount to get the cashback is Rs. 500 and the maximum cashback is Rs. 300 per user.