HMD Global has slashed the price of its flagship smartphone Nokia 8 in India by Rs. 8000. The Nokia 8, which was earlier launched at Rs. 36,999 is now available at Rs. 28,999 after receiving the price cut. Along with the Nokia 8, the budget Nokia 5 3GB RAM variant has received a price cut of Rs. 1000 as well. In addition, that brings the price of Nokia 5 down from Rs. 13,499 to Rs. 12,499. However, here we are going to discuss the Nokia 8 as the Nokia 5 is still overpriced considering the hardware.
Speaking of Nokia 8, This is a much-needed price cut from HMD Global. In addition, this price cut made the Nokia 8 the cheapest smartphone with Snapdragon 835 SoC. This new price of Nokia 8 is very compelling as it offers flagship grade Specifications. So, In case if you forget about the Nokia 8 Specs, here is the reminder from us.
Nokia 8 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm & Weight: 160g
- IPS LCD 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD display (554ppi) with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 700 nits brightness and Always on Display
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Octa-core (4×2.5 GHz Kryo & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo) coupled with Adreno 540
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- 4GB DDR4X RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual: 13MP (Dual) with OIS + 13MP (Mono), ZEISS optics, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- 13MP front camera with ZEISS optics, PDAF, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.4˚ field of view
- Video: 2160p
- IP54 certified – splash proof
- 3.5mm headphone jack, 3 microphones, Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound
- Hybrid Dual SIM 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, NFC
- Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3090 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Color Options: Tempered Blue, Polished Blue, Steel, Polished Copper
As we mentioned earlier, the price of Nokia 8 made this device as the cheapest smartphone with Snapdragon 835 SoC. However, In this price range, Nokia 8 will have to compete with Honor’s latest flagship the Honor View 10 which is available at Rs. 29,999. Though it is Rs. 1000 higher than Nokia 8 but considering the Spec sheet, it can give tough competition. So, let’s have a quick look at the View 10’s Specifications.
Honor View 10 Specification:
- Dimensions: 157 × 74.98 × 6.97mm & Weight: 172g
- LTPS IPS LCD 5.99 inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 (403 ppi density) Full view Display
- Octa Core Huawei Kirin 970 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) 10nm processor + i7 co-processor with Mali-G72 MP12 GPU
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) on top EMUI 8.0
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage
- Expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual: 16MP (RGB) + 20MP (Monochrome) Dual rear cameras with f/1.8 aperture,PDAF, LED flash with 4K video recording @30fps
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Hybrid Dual SIM 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Non-removable Li-Po 3750 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 4.5V/5A (58% in 30 min)
- Color Options: Midnight Black and Navy Blue
Nokia 8 vs Honor View 10:
Now coming to the comparison part, which one should you consider buying? First, lets talk about the Nokia 8. No brand is offering Snapdragon 835 SoC in this price segment. In addition, HMD chooses to go with the traditional 16:9 display in a compact size design and it has that Nokia’s iconic tank-like build quality. However, on the camera department despite the name of ZEISS optics, you may get disappointed as it offers nothing exciting. Now if you are looking for a compact device with a solid build quality and most importantly if you want regular software updates then just go with the Nokia 8.
On the other hand, Honor View 10 features an 18:9 display which is becoming the standard for the smartphones nowadays. In addition, View 10 is powered by Kirin 970 which is the flagship homegrown processor from Huawei and it also features a dedicated AI chip. The rear camera setup on the smartphone sports two sensors: a 16MP RGB sensor along with 20MP monochrome sensor with AI engine. It offers Real-Time Scene and Object Recognition functionality, automatically choosing the perfect camera settings for any environment or focal point. The 13MP front-facing camera comes with A.I selfie portraits and face unlock. Now, if you are looking for a device which offers more value for money as it surpasses the Nokia 8 Specifications in almost every category then opt for the Honor View 10.
Also, have a look at Redmi Note 5 Specifications and Price Revealed: Launch Expected in Q2 2018