Summary: If previous gen P900 featuring 83x zoom lens was not enough for you then Nikon has took it very far this time for you. Nikon has launched Coolpix P1000 which is a DSLR-styled super-zoom camera with a massive 125x optical zoom. It has a 16 Megapixels 1/2.3-inch CMOS type sensor. P1000 has a maximum aperture of f2.8-8 and boasts of an ISO range of 100 to 6400. It has also support for RAW and it can shoot 4k video at 25 or 30p as well as 1080 at 25-60p. It makes the moon appear right within arm’s reach.
To know more about this have a look at the main article below.
Main Article: Yesterday, Nikon launched Coolpix P1000, company’s latest super-zoom camera. It is a DSLR-styled super-zoom camera with a massive 125x optical zoom. In addition, the lens has an equivalent focal range of 24-3000mm which makes it the most compact zoom camera in the world. The Nikon Coolpix P1000 is the successor of the P900, which featured 83x zoom lens. The Nikon Coolpix P1000 sports the same 16-megapixel, 1/2.3-inch sensor as the P900, and boasts of an ISO range of 100 to 6400. However, The P1000’s lens only opens up to f/8 whereas the P900 opens up to f/6.5
Nikon Coolpix P1000
The Nikon Coolpix P1000 has a maximum aperture of f2.8-8. While it is set to the macro mode, it got a focusing distance of just 1cm. From wide-angle 24mm to the super-telephoto 3000mm (up to 250x when Dynamic Fine Zoom is enabled), It will never disappoint you. In other words, it is capable of cropping the moon for you. It has dedicated bird-watching and moon-shooting settings on its mode dial.
Sajjan Kumar, Managing Director, Nikon India said, “An ideal companion for super-telephoto photography, be it birding, wildlife or celestial bodies, the new Coolpix P1000 endows our users with streamlined operability and high-resolution quality that is built to impress.”
P1000 can also shoot 4K video at 30 frames per second. Frames from videos recorded in 4K UHD format can also be saved as still images to preserve moments. It also comes with optical stabilisation in the lens for still images and optional electronic stabilisation when filming video.
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Specifications
- Dimensions: 146.3 x 118.8 x 181.3~355.6 mm & Weight: 1415 g including battery
- 3.2 -inch 921k-dot (RGB) wide viewing angle TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating and 5-level brightness adjustment, vari-angle TFT LCD
- 1 cm/0.39-in. approx. 2359k-dot OLED viewfinder with eye sensor
- 16.0 megapixels 1/2.3-in. type CMOS sensor
- High-performance NIKKOR lens and EXPEED image-processing system
- 125x (24 mm to 3000 mm) Super optical zoom, with 250x Dynamic Fine Zoom up to 6000 mm angle
- 4K UHD/30p or 25p as well as 1080 at 25-60p movie recording with Movie manual mode
- SnapBridge photo-sharing with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth support
- 5.0-stop Dual Detect Optical VR (Vibration Reduction)
- Focus-mode selector, Control ring, External microphone connector,
- RAW (NRW) format support
- recording superlapse and time-lapse movies
- EN-EL20a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery with battery life for 250 shots or 1 h 20 min video
The Nikon CoolPix P1000 is priced at $999.95 which is roughly Rs. 68,750 and will be available in September. However, no words from Nikon for India launch but we are hoping that the CoolPix P1000 will come to India as well.
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Sample Shots
Also, have a look at Panasonic Unveiled Lumix GH5S Mirrorless Camera at CES 2018