Xiaomi launches Mi Mix 2 along with the Mi Note 3 just a day before the iPhone 8 is expected to be unveiled by Apple. Mi Mix 2 is the successor of the Xiaomi Mi Mix which was launched back Nov’16.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Specification:
- IPS LCD 5.99 inches 1080 x 2160 pixels (~403 ppi pixel density)
- 7.7 mm thick & weight 185 g Ceramic Body
- Android 7.1 with MIUI 9
- Snapdragon 835 & Adreno 540
- 64/128/256 GB, 6 GB RAM or 128 GB, 8 GB RAM(on ceramic edition only)
- 12 MP, phase detection autofocus, OIS (4-axis), dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Video- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- Front – 5MP
- USB- Type C & Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Bluetooth- 5.0
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery
Key Highlights Of Xiaomi Mi Mix 2:
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 be smaller, Thinner & much lighter in the body compared to the 6.4-inch Xiaomi Mi Mix.
The regular edition of the smartphone will be available in a Black colour variant with Black lens coating for the front and rear camera apart from a 18K gold plated camera ring on the rear camera. The smartphone features a frame built out of 7-Series aluminium, holding in the four-sided curved ceramic body.
The Special Edition will have a complete ceramic body and will be available in both Black and White colour variants.
43 LTE bands mean it will be a global LTE device.
Pricing Of Xiaomi Mi Mix 2:
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 priced at CNY 3,299 (about $500) (roughly Rs. 32,300) for its 6GB RAM/ 64GB storage variant, CNY 3,599 ($550)(roughly Rs. 35,300) for the 6GB RAM/ 128GB storage variant, and CNY 3,999 ($610) (roughly Rs. 39,200) for the 6GB RAM/ 256GB storage variant. Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Special Edition with a full ceramic body is priced at CNY 4,699 ($720) (roughly Rs. 46,000).
Cons of Mi Mix 2:
- No headphone Jack.
- No microSD card support.
- 3,400mAh battery with a drop of 1,000mAh compared to the original Mi Mix.
- Front facing camera could be improved.
- No Dual Camera setup it uses the same 12-megapixel sensor Sony IMX386 with 4-axis OIS as the Mi 6.