On iPhone’s 10th anniversary Apple launched a special edition phone named the Apple iPhone X, Announced at an event on the Apple Campus in the Steve Jobs Theater by Tim Cook.
Apple also unveiled the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, incremental improvements to last year’s iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Apple iPhone X Specification:
- Super AMOLED 5.8 inches 1125 x 2436 pixels (~458 ppi pixel density)
- Dolby Vision/HDR10 compliant & 3D Touch display
- IP67 certified – dust and water resistant
- 7.7 mm thick 174 g weight
- iOS 11
- Apple A11 Bionic (Hexa-core CPU)
- 64/256 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Dual 12 MP, f/1.8 & f/2.4, phase detection autofocus, OIS, 2x optical zoom, quad-LED (dual tone) flash
- Video- 2160p@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps
- Front- 7 MP, f/2.2, 1080p@30fps, 720p@240fps
- Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Fast battery charging: 50% in 30 min & Qi wireless charging
Apple iPhone X Keynotes:
To unlock the iPhone X without a home button, Apple has introduced facial recognition, which it calls Face ID.
It is worth remembering that, just as with fingerprint scanners, facial recognition may not work in all cases.
Animoji or animated emoji it’s something fun and impressive in its own way. It will map to your face, sensing the movement of at least 50 facial motions to match your every move to a number of popular emoji.
Augmented reality introduced on iPhone X and also in iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus.
The iPhone X’s camera has a dual-lens 12-megapixel rear camera, with dual optical image stabilization, made up of a wide-angle f/1.8 aperture lens and a telephoto f/2.4 aperture lens. The 7-megapixel front camera now supports Portrait mode and has auto image stabilization and exposure control.
Apple didn’t mention the capacity of the battery but they promised a couple of extra hours of battery life than previous iPhones.
This is a sleek, beautiful phone with the edge-to-edge screen and it is certainly the most futuristic iPhone that Apple’s ever produced.
iPhone X looks like an evolution of the iPhone, not of the Smartphone.
Apple iPhone X Price & Availability
iPhone X price in the US: 64GB and 256GB variants are priced at $999 (roughly Rs. 64,000) and $1,149 (roughly Rs. 73,600)
iPhone X will be available to pre-order on October 27, with deliveries beginning on November 3.
Apple will sell the iPhone X in 55 countries around the world.
iPhone X price in India starts at Rs. 89,000 & iPhone X 256GB variant Priced in India at Rs. 1,02,000