Oppo on Thursday finally unveiled its much-hyped latest selfie-expert smartphone- The Oppo F5 at an event in the Philippines. After the successful launch of Oppo F1, F1 Plus, F1s, F3, and F3 Plus now its time to welcome the new Oppo F5.
This new device is also following the new trend of having fewer bezels so it is featuring 18:9 display. So without any further delay let’s jump to the specification.
Oppo F5 Specification:
- Dimensions- 156.5 x 76 x 7.5 mm
- Weight- 152 g
- LTPS IPS LCD 6.0 inches 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) on top ColorOS 3.2
- CPU- 2.3 GHz Octa-core Mediatek MT6763T Helio P23
- GPU- Mali-G71 MP2
- 64 GB, 6 GB RAM or 32 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Expandable- micro SD up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- 16 MP, f/1.8, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video- 1080p@30fps
- Front- 20 MP, f/2.0, 1/2.8″ sensor size
- Bluetooth- 4.2, USB- 2.0
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery
- Colors– Black, Gold, Red (6 GB only)
Oppo F5 Price & Availability:
The 4GB RAM and 32GB storage Oppo F5 priced at PHP 15,990 (approx. Rs. 20,000)
6GB RAM and 64GB storage variant price is still unknown.
Oppo F5 is set to launch in India on November 2.
Oppo F5 Keynotes:
The company emphasizes that the F5 is the first phone to feature the all-new AI Beauty Recognition Technology, developed in conjunction with professional photographers and make-up artists.
The company says, “With more than 200 positioning spots, the F5 accentuates your facial landmarks and contours to enhance the symmetry between features like your eyes, nose, cheekbones, and jawline to create the perfectly refined and natural selfie. Its beauty-iris tool ensures that your eyes will shine brighter in any photo.”
Front-facing 20-megapixel camera with 1/2.8 inch sensor, aperture f/2.0 can also unlock the device using facial recognition. The front camera is also capable of clicking shots with a Bokeh effect.
Oppo F5 Cons:
Still no Snapdragon SoC.
No USB type-c Port & fast charging is also missing.
Considering the big screen and MediaTek processor battery could be more.
No NFC support.