Xiaomi launched Mi Note 3 back in September of this year alongside Mi MIX 2-The bezel-less flagship of Xiaomi. Back then the Mi MIX 2 outshined the Mi Note 3 with its futuristic design. Now, Mi Note 3 back again in the limelight with its outstanding camera performance in DxOMark. In addition, this device has some pretty amazing hardware underneath. So, without any further delay let’s have quick look at the specifications.
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 152.6 x 74 x 7.6 mm and Weight: 163g
- IPS LCD 5.5 inches 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (401 ppi density) with 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260) coupled with Adreno 512 GPU
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9 on top
- 64/128 GB Internal Storage with 6 GB RAM
- No microSD expansion support.
- Dual: 12 MP (f/1.8, 27mm, 4-axis OIS) + 12 MP (f/2.6, 52mm), 2x optical zoom, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Video Recording: 2160p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 and 2.0 µm
- Dual SIM 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C and NFC Support
- Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer and Infrared sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 Keynotes:
- Mi Note 3 comes with 7-Series aluminum alloy frame and a 4-sided curved glass body
- It has a crazy fast under-glass fingerprint sensor and a facial unlock system as fast as we have seen in OnePlus 5T
- Mi Note 3 also features NFC, IR blaster, Bluetooth 5.0 and stereo speaker setup
- Sadly, there is no 3.5mm Headphone Jack and microSD expansion is not possible either
- It has a dual rear camera setup ( same as the Xiaomi Mi 6) with a 12MP wide-angle lens, f/1.8 aperture, and 4-axis optical image stabilization, and the second 12-megapixel sensor coupled with a telephoto lens, and a f/2.6 aperture. The camera got an overall score of 90 in DxOMark which makes it the highest rated Xiaomi camera ever.
Price and Availability:
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 priced at CNY 2,499 (approx Rs. 24,500) for the 6GB RAM/ 64GB storage variant, CNY 2,899 (approx Rs. 28,300) for the 6GB RAM/ 128GB storage variant in Black, and CNY 2,999 (approx Rs. 29,400) for the 6GB RAM/ 128GB storage variant in Blue.
As of now, this device is only available in China but we expect Xiaomi to launch Mi Note 3 in India by looking at the potential of the market.
If Xiaomi decides to bring Mi Note 3 to India at Rs. 25,000 price range, this device could be a great buy. As there is no best smartphone between Rs 20,000 and Rs 25,000, this device could fill that gap. As of now perfect smartphones doesn’t exist, this device is no exception but it offers some incredible hardware at Mid-range segment.
Also, have a look at Xiaomi Launched Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus: Price and Specification