LG India finally launched the much-awaited LG V30 Plus in India at an event in New Delhi. LG V30 Plus is the higher storage variant of LG V30. As LG marketed the V30 Plus poorly, Very few people know about this amazing device. This device is very much capable of being a Pixel 2 XL killer and it’s a nearly perfect device. The V30 highlights are its large FullVision display and dual rear cameras. The first time LG used a P-OLED display and V30’s camera has a f/1.6 aperture which makes it world’s first device to feature that.
In addition, there is 32-bit Hi-FiQuad DAC support as well as bundled B&O Play earphones. Apart from this, the build quality is solid as well. Front and back glass is protected by Gorilla Glass 5 and the body has the aluminum frame. The LG V30 also features IP68 certified dust/water resistant and MIL-STD-810G rating. Now, without any further delay let’s quickly jump to the specifications.
LG V30 Plus Specifications:
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm and Weight: 158g
- P-OLED 6-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) QHD+ (537 PPI density) display with an 18:9 aspect ratio with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with LG UX 6.0+ on top and upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB Internal storage
- Expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Dual Camera Setup: 16MP rear camera with f/1.6-aperture, 71-degree wide-angle lens, dual-tone LED flash, Laser autofocus, OIS, EIS, PDAF, and 13MP camera with f/1.9 aperture, 120-degree wide-angle lens
- Video Recording: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@120fps, 24-bit/192kHz stereo sound rec. and HDR video
- 5MP front camera with 90-degree wide-angle lens (f/2.2, 1/5″, 1.12 µm)
- Dual SIM 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC, USB Type-C
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, color spectrum
- Fast battery charging: 50% in 36 min (Quick Charge 3.0) and Wireless charging support
- Non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery
LG V30 Plus Keynotes:
The Camera: 16MP rear camera with f/1.6-aperture that means it will offer excellent low light photography and daylight shots as well due to the large aperture. The secondary 13MP camera with f/1.9 aperture offers a 120-degree field of view causing to capture more of any scenery. There are also a bunch of features including pro mode in the camera app that enhances the V30 Plus to a whole new level.
Video Capturing: On this part, LG added a setting that allows you to record in their Log format. By doing so users will be able to capture RAW video footages and can edit it in software like Premiere Pro or Final Cut. There is also a Pro video mode allowing users to customize video capturing option at its best.
Quad DAC and Hi-FI Recording: A DAC or Digital to Analog Converter simply takes a digital signal of 0’s and 1’s and converts it to analog to make it hearable for humans. A DAC is present in all devices but the LG V30 Plus offers 32bit DAC. It basically enhances the audio output from any headphones to a whole new level.
LG also added a better audio recording Support. They added 2 high-performance AOP mics and active noise cancellation to the V30. AOP or Acoustic Overload Point Mics, have higher overload points. Overload points for a mic are the point where a mic can no longer differentiate between the sound signal and just noise. So LG V30 Plus can capture much louder audio without distorting.
LG V30 Plus Price and Availability:
The LG V30 Plus priced in India at Rs. 44,990. It will go on sale from December 18 exclusively via Amazon India. The smartphone will be available in Aurora Black and Cloud silver color options. Moroccan Blue and Lavender Violet color option will arrive later in India. The V30 Plus will be available for pre-booking from 14th December. LG also offering a free one-time screen replacement worth Rs. 12,000, a free wireless charger worth roughly Rs. 3,000. The one time Screen Replacement can be done within 6 months of the purchase.
Also, Have a look at Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL Specification, Price and Availability